As CEO of one of the greenest companies on Earth, I want to take this opportunity to thank our many customers! Together, we are changing the world one building at a time … by saving energy and reducing the carbon footprint of millions of square feet every year.
Since the spirit of the Holidays is about giving, let me share some ideas about how you can accelerate your journey to a clean energy future at your business and home:
- Replace your high-usage lights with LEDs.
- Improve your building envelope with additional attic insulation and triple-pane windows.
- Upgrade to a geothermal HVAC system when it is time to replace your existing system.
- Install a heat-pump water heater – and connect to your geothermal system after it is upgraded.
- Purchase only high-efficiency appliances.
- Install a solar PV array on your roof, ground, or parking lot to offset your remaining electrical loads.
- Select the green power option from your local utility for any power you buy form the grid.
- Purchase or lease only hybrid and preferably electric cars, vans, and trucks.
- Install EV charging stations at work to educate and inspire your employees and visitors.
- Install a battery storage system to reduce peak demand charges and ensure against power outages.
Every homeowner and business can reduce its energy/carbon use by 50% or more. In fact, many of the largest and most successful businesses, universities, and governments across the U.S. and world have already achieved carbon neutrality.
This is about our economy, security, environment, and health! We can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Be a leader, do the right things, and your brand and business will benefit.
Thanks again for the privilege and honor of working with all of you. We’re humbled by your passion and trust to make the world a better place for us and future generations.